Sunday, April 4, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome everyone!

Curious as to what I am welcoming you to? Well the basic idea is to start in my current hometown of Nashville and find hidden gems, or off-the-beaten-path places to share with others. This may range from a perfect picnic spot to a clothing store.

Here is how I arrived at the idea... Last Wednesday, my boyfriend and I were killing time, waiting to meet a friend to pick up my new couch from American Signature. We were in downtown Franklin, so Blake decided to take me to PD's. Having no idea as to what he was talking about, I agreed. We pulled up to a ramshackle building (photos to come later) and I was seriously laughing, wondering what he had up his sleeve this time. Situated next to the railroad tracks, PD's did not look like much more than a junk store. But as soon as we walked in the door I was blown away. It's an exquisite home decor shop with wood floors and amazing items. Some items are priced competitively, while others are a bit on the "what were they thinking" side of expensive, but it is definitely worth a look.

Visiting this place definitely falls into every corny catch phrase of "don't judge a book by its cover," but I seriously would never have thought to enter the place had he not taken me. And from that visit arose the idea to share these fun finds with others. Sure, everyone else in Franklin or the Nashville area may already know of PD's and how great it is, but what if you are visiting the area? Are you looking for a great southern find? Something out of the ordinary with unique and one-of-a-kind items? Hopefully, my blog can help you. Perhaps it will even help locals, whether it is by allowing them to actually discover something new, or to rediscover what they have forgotten about.

I do hope you enjoy it and I am always open to fresh ideas of places to visit.

Look for a posting once a week (to start with).

Cheers :)

2 comments:

  1. Hello Megan,

    I'm a Nashville-based executive recruiter and I'm filling some salaried Account Management position for a local client. They are looking for recent college grads (1-3 years). I found your Linkedin page by searching for the word "New Grad" - and that's how I stumbled upon you Blog.

    If interested in this position, please contact my assistant (Phylis Harrell) at 615-504-8534 (phylis@fivechairs.com) and she can set-up a time when I can tell you more about this position.

    All the best,

    Mark Newsom

    ReplyDelete